Let's talk Belly Fat. You cannot really target one area of your body. Don't fall into that mindset of working abs 7 days a week so you can eliminate belly fat. It cannot be done this way. You need to focus on a whole body approach. And your whole body approach HAS to start with nutrition and taking care of yourself. A balanced, healthy lifestyle is the only way to achieve this goal.
Ever heard "abs are made in the kitchen?" I'm sure you have. It's 100 percent true.
The belly is one of the toughest spots to tone, for many people regardless of gender or age. I've got 5 things you can do to give yourself a head start on reducing the belly fat!
5 keys to reduce belly fat:
1. Clean up your nutrition. Practice and 80-90% clean rule. Some people even take it up to 95% to reach a 6 pack goal! The cleaner the diet, the tighter the abs.
2. Get more sleep! You need 7-8 hours of sleep on average. Don't skimp out on the sleep when trying to lose weight and get healthy!
3. Reduce stress. Working out is a great way to do it! Get in some "me time" focusing on the things you love doing!
4. Change your workout style. Many people automatically associate cardio with weight or fat loss. While steady state cardio (such as walking, running or cycling) can most certainly burn a lot of calories, cardio on its own is not the most effective way to reduce overall fat and belly fat. Other types of training, such as HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and resistance/weight training, can provide you with an “afterburn” effect where your body may continue to burn fat hours after your workout. Bottom line: if you wanna "tone" you gotta lift some weights!
5. Guzzle down that water! Make sure you are getting at least half your body weight in water every day!