July 8, 2015

Strawberry Dessert



Okay so, I served this on my birthday, and I FULLY INTENDED on creating a Clean Eating Style pound cake of sorts. But when my husband asked to take me to lunch on my birthday, I had to make a choice... I chose him over cooking my little heart out! I'll update my recipes soon when I try a cake, but for now, I served this over Angel Food Cake from my local bakery.

Strawberry Shortcake Style Strawberries

I cut about 10 strawberries into quarters and set aside in a large mixing bowl. I then cut about 8 more into quarters and added them to my food processor with 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey. I processed them into a liquid and added it to the mixing bowl, then chilled for 2 hours.


Next, I made some coconut cream mousse. The recipe is here.

When you make the mousse, prep it the same day and chill it for 2 hours max, it will still be creamy, like chocolate whipped cream, versus light and airy like mousse.

Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment