July 7, 2015

What is a Good Weight?

As a fitness coach, I often get the question "I'm 5 foot 4 inches, what's a good weight for me?" And the truth is, it's all relative. I can't tell you what a good weight is for you. First of all, weight looks different on different people. I can be 5 foot 4 inches and 115 pounds with absolutely no muscle and look pretty skinny, notice I didn't say "good." Then, on the other hand, I can be 5 foot 4 inches tall and 130 pounds of lean muscle, and look amazing! Body types are all different shapes and sizes. What I really want to talk about is how you FEEL about yourself. Do you feel good? Do you eat healthy? Do you enjoy your life?



For me, the weight I like best is the weight that I can maintain with a healthy lifestyle that I still enjoy! I am pretty confident that I, as well as any one of you, can look like any top fitness model out there. But would that lifestyle be one that you enjoy? Maybe it would. For me, it wouldn't. I enjoy chocolate, I enjoy dessert, I enjoy Mexican food, Italian food, red wine, dark beer, chips and salsa, I enjoy having a date night and splurging a bit! That's the life for me. So I say, my best weight is the weight at which I can achieve a balance between feeling good inside, looking good outside, being in shape, living healthy, and ENJOYING myself.

Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment