Summer is almost here, and it certainly feels like it in SoCal!
Slimdown for Summer in 5 easy steps...
1. Eat Clean! There isn't a fitness goal that you can reach without a clean diet. This includes water, drink at least half your body weight in water every day.
2. Get Rest! Your body needs to refuel. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night is very important.
3. Get Support! The power of community is the secret sauce to reaching your goals. Find like-minded fit friends or hook up with a coach. You can sign up for a free account and make me your coach here!
4. Take healthy snacks with you when you leave! Before you head out the door, mix up a protein shake, grab an apple, and a keep a small bag of almonds in your bag. Do not wait until you are starving to eat, you'll eat too much, you'll choose unhealthy treats, and you'll run out of energy. And please, make sure your protein shake is CLEAN, otherwise you've broken the #1 tip! Check out my favorite one here.
5. Interval train. You don't need to spend hours in the gym, 10-30 minutes of a HIIT workout will do the trick. HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training. Short, high intensity training exercises burn more calories and more fat than long gym workouts and long stretches of cardio. Interval training can even increase your metabolism and keep your body burning calories throughout the day.
Try out these tips and let me know what you think! If you would like to join in my Summer Slimdown Online Challenge, click here for details!