This series is 3 fold! We've got a Workout of the Day, a Fit Tip, and a Recipe coming at you for each day! You can also post questions in our private Facebook group! CLICK TO JOIN!
We are nearing the end, but I will be announcing February's group this week, so join in and continue on in February!
Sexy Shoulders! This one is difficult, if you remember from Day 5. Most were able to strive for 2 rounds, this time, try to get an extra round in. If you did one, try for two, if you did two, strive for three!
LIFT WEIGHTS. Do not be afraid of them! You might think you'll burn more calories running cardio like a bunny rabbit, but you are selling yourself and your workout short! I understand the fear of bulking up, but the truth is, to look like a body builder, you have to lift REALLY heavy and train, and eat, like a body builder. So just don't do that, capiche? You will need to lift to get those sexy, sculpted, lean muscles. No amount of cardio will give that to you.
Five reasons to lift:
1) You'll lose more fat! Muscle is a fat burning machine!
2) Post workout, during recovery time you, are still burning calories! Remember when we talked about working the large leg muscles and how those big muscles being worked means you'll be burning calories all day long? Yes that’s right as you sit on your couch after you are done, your muscles are repairing themselves and burning energy while they do it. Sweet!
3) You will strengthen your bones. As we age our bones weaken and lose their density, especially for women.
4) Strength training does a body good! It helps to reduce blood pressure, improves cardiovascular health, support cognitive function, and studies have shown that it reduces aggression and makes you a much more calm person (I know I need that!)
5) It's the only way to "tone" which is what everyone seems to want!
I would recommend at least two days of strength training each week. But always check with your doctor if you have doubts about your physically ability to weight train.
Tropical fruit salad with yogurt sauce! For snack, breakfast, or lunch!