September 13, 2016

Clean Eating Lactation Cookies



I'm pretty proud of myself! I am NOT a baker. Cooking, yes, baking, no! But I wanted to boost supply a bit with some lactation cookies, and every recipe I found was a hodge podge of unhealthy ingredients. One even claimed to be clean but contained brown sugar and white flour! So since I've been cleaning up recipes for myself for about two years, I decided I could totally tackle this clean eating baking recipe like the boss that I am!!! Hint: Go into anything with that kind of confidence, and you're unstoppable!

These are soft, flakey, and kid/husband approved! And you don't have to be nursing to enjoy them! Think: delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie!


Ingredients:


1/2 cup REAL butter, softened (I microwave for about 20 seconds cause I'm impatient)

16 Oz of Peanut Butter

1 1/2 cups coconut sugar

1 Tbs maple syrup

2 teasp vanilla extract

3 Eggs

3 1/2 cups of rolled oats

1/2 cup coconut flour

3 Tbs ground flax seed (You can use up to 1/2 cup, depending on how much supply you want to boost. If you use 1/2 cup, back down your flour to 1/4 cup)

2 teasp baking soda

1/2 teasp sea salt

1 cup dark chocolate mini chips

1/2 cup of chopped or slivered almonds. I just tossed a handful in my food processor and chopped them up!

*Optional: if you're supply is really lacking, you can add 2-3 T of Brewer's yeast (Not nutritional yeast!) You can find it at a health food store or on Amazon (Of course, what do they not have?)



Directions:

Mix the butter, coconut sugar, peanut butter. Then add the other wet ingredients and mix well.

Bakers, you know you're supposed to mix the salt, baking soda, flour, and oats first, then add. Truly, I never do this, and I've yet to run into a big bite of unmixed salty-ness. But if you're a baker, mix your dry ingredients first then add them, if you're not, then you're like me, just add them in and hope for the best!

Finally, add the chocolate chips and almonds.


Preheat oven to 350.

Scoop a two inch ball out of the very sticky dough, place in on an ungreased cookie sheet and press it down to flatten it a bit.

Bake for about 9 minutes.




This recipe makes a ton! But your family is going to gobble them up, so that's okay.

And in the morning, if you decide to have cookies for breakfast, add a little almond milk and start dunking, guilt free, because they are clean and delicious! Rock on, mama!


Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment