September 16, 2016

Pumpkin Spice Oats

 

Who doesn't love all things PUMPKIN!?

Did you know that most pumpkin products are ARTIFICIALLY flavored? Seriously, look at the ingredient label. Is "pumpkin" even listed? This makes me mad. I want to enjoy pumpkin in fall just like all of us do, but I do not want to sacrifice my nutrition for it. 

Also, mom of 3. Not a lot of time for recipes that take FOREVER to prep and have ingredients that are not regularly in my kitchen! That makes me even more mad! 

Enter, Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats! All the cooking is done while you're getting your beauty sleep! Or lack thereof in my case, cause I'm nursing a beautiful boy who doesn't sleep. Plus for this recipe, the oats boost milk supply! 

Ingredients
* ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
* ½ cup Old fashioned rolled oats
* ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
* 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax meal
* ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup
* 1 T coconut sugar
* ½ cup plain pumpkin puree
* ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
* ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg 
* ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 

Instructions
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients then transfer it to a mason jar. I use a 16oz jar and it's perfect. You can use any jar with a tight lid. 
2. Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.
3. Wake and warm it up and enjoy! 

Serves 2.

Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment