September 13, 2016

Marriage

 


When you open your Bible right to Ephesians 5...

Wives... You know what I'm talking about! 

Okay, okay, this is not the first but the second time in a a very short time frame that God has led me to this lesson. 

When the world tells you to fight back, Jesus tells you to love back. Powerful isn't it? You can apply it to so many areas of life, but I think it comes in handy when we are thinking of our marriage. 

Sometimes, we just want to be mad, right? We love him more than life but at this moment we don't like what he has to say, we don't like his opinion, we sure as heck don't want his help, we won't admit he's right (never!), and we just say "I'm fine" when asked by him how we are doing. 

Ladies, you know when you say "I'm fine" you're anything but. He knows it too. (They've figured out the code, it's time to just fess up!) Instead of grinding our heels into the ground, maybe we can soften and lean into him instead of pulling away. He's probably got just what you need, even if you are resistant to hear it. Go hug the man, you know you adore him. 

Oh, and if he tells you that you're being a pain in the butt. You're probably being a pain in the butt. 

1 Peter 3: 1-7
Paraphrased in the way I read it... Your husband should be able to see God through you. Your unfading beauty should come from a gentle and quiet spirit. 

When your husband looks at you, does he see God? I've been asking myself this for the past couple weeks and it's doing good for me. I hope it helps you too. Life's too short to be mad over dumb stuff... And really, whatever "it" is, it's probably dumb all things considered!

Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment