April 22, 2015

21 Day Fix Trick!

How do I divide family style recipes into container portions?

There are two easy ways to divide recipes into 21 Day Fix containers.

I use two different methods.

1) Sometimes I use the method they use on pages 70 – 71 of the Eating Plan with the kit, the “Restaurant Food and Mom’s Favorites: The Fix Mixed Food Guide.” It’s simply to use the green container to measure the portion size and then check off the main ingredients like yellow for pasta, green for veggies, etc. So you take a heaping scoop of your recipe you just made (let's say it's a fried rice with lots of veggies, chicken, and egg) and put that into your green container. You will then count 1 yellow, 1 red, and 1/2 a green because obviously the whole green container isn't filled with veggies. But it's served up in a green container purely as a measuring device.

2) The method I use most is to container count everything that goes into a recipe and then just divide into equal portion sizes (the number of servings for the recipe) at the end. For example, for a pasta recipe, I might use 8 yellow of cooked pasta, 8 blues of cheese, 4 purples of tomato sauce, etc. Then, in the end, I just cut it into 8 equal servings and voila! I know each single serving has 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1/2 purple, etc. You have to keep your portions IN CHECK!

Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment