April 20, 2015

Don't Diet!

Do not DIET. Eat according to you goals. If your goal is weight loss, you should eat according to that goal. For example, chips are not in alignment with your goal, so just don't eat them. But don't deprive yourself, if you are not satisfied with your meal plan, you are not going to stick with it. Add foods that give you that satisfaction factor but still are in accordance to your goals. For me, that's dessert! And Mexican food! And Italian food! See, I'm the LAST person that should be able to DIET, so I don't! I make clean foods that I love that taste just like the unhealthy versions. Visit my FOOD album for some clean eating recipes and log into your free account on my website for even more! (If you don't have a free account, click the Sign Up link at the top of this page).

Most of you know that I am totally devoted to Clean Eating. Clean Eating is NOT a diet, not a trend, not a fad. Clean Eating is a lifetsyle. Eating clean, put simply, is the practice of avoiding processed and refined foods and basing your diet on whole foods. You structure your diet to get proper nutrition, help manage diseases, avoid developing diseases in the first place, lose weight, remove toxins, and just feel better. And by “diet” I don’t mean a restrictive DIET containing DIET foods, by diet, I mean your nutrition, what you put into your body every day. Eating good foods that are good for your body. To be very concise, nothing processed or made with white, refined sugars and flours, prepared with minimal oils and salt, whole food ingredients not artificial ingredients or chemicals, 5-6 small meals a day, and the correct portion size.

I like to practice a 5:2 ratio, 5 days of clean eating followed by 2 days where I may make little cheats. And honestly, most the time it's more like 6:1 because I really do enjoy clean foods and I can make just about any of my favorite meals CLEAN. During those two off days, I don't go crazy, I'm talking a glass of red wine, some chocolate, a dinner out with the hubby, where I still try to make smart choices, or maybe a clean breakfast and lunch followed by a not-so- clean dinner at times. If I want a burrito, I'll eat it. But I'll eat half of it and I don't do that all the time. I probably wouldn't be able to anyways. First off, my body is used to clean foods, so when I eat garbage, I feel like garbage. And second, I've completely lost the taste for un-clean foods. Processed foods don't taste the same anymore. So if you're worried that you really just don't like vegetables, trust me, that will change. Our bodies get used to processed foods and it changes our taste buds, THEY CHANGE BACK!

Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment