April 20, 2015

Self Confidence Is Sexy

When I first started losing weight, people would often ask me my goal. My goal was to be strong and healthy. It still is, nothing has changed. I think a good amount of people were shocked by my answer, "you don't want to be thin?" And really, my answer is no. Always has been. Don't get me wrong, I want to be fit and I did have a weight loss goal in mind. I knew I wasn't happy with how I looked and felt. But fit and thin/skinny are two different things to me. I've hit my goal weight, I like the way I look, I like curves, I want to be healthy, not skinny. So when you see me, you might think "well she's not that thin!" And truly, I'm not. But that's by design. I prefer curves and a healthy plump booty! That's not to say that I think people who have a goal of being thin are wrong, definitely the opposite. Your goal is your goal. Own it! If it's the be thin, I will help you rock that goal! If it's to be strong, let's do this! If it's to get off blood pressure medication, yes! Let's go!

Whatever your goal is, it likely has something to do with weight loss. Because as a culture, we a) need it and b) focus on it. I encourage you to worry less about the number on the scale and more about looking healthy and being comfortable in your own skin. Confidence is sexy. That's all you need, and what look/feel fosters confidence is different for everyone.


Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment