April 22, 2015

More of me!

Thank you my dear friends for reviewing my new site today. I really appreciate your feedback! One thing you want is more pictures of ME. Eeeek. This is a hard one for me. Let me tell you, first off, I really like the way I look. I'm not a "skinny girl" but that's okay, I don't want to be. I like the weight I am at. For those that wonder, cause you wouldn't believe how often I am asked, I am 5'3 and I weigh 122. Honestly though, weight isn't important to me. I'm actually trying to gain weight, because I want more muscle! So, why is posting pictures of myself difficult for me? I actually despise my freckles. I have a lot. And I hate them. I remember, when I was a teenager, my sweet little sister was angry with me and said "one day your freckles are going to merge together and you are going to be one big freckle!" Gee, thanks sis. She was only about 8 years old at the time, but she made me cry. I'm really sensitive about it. Do you have some body image issue that no matter what you just can't shake?

So here's me! Freckles and bags under my eyes (hey, I'm a mom running on no sleep!) Totally unedited and close up "selfie" which I rarely take because you can really see the freckles close up!




Me and the Hubby. You can tell I get bored easily with my hair. I'm naturally blonde, but my poor hair probably doesn't know what color it is now.




Here's a picture that I love, this was Summer of 2014, right after I lost 25 pounds with 21 Day Fix!




Something I thought I would never be able to do! This is a PiYo Flip. I had back surgery, at 22 years old! Yes, back surgery, at TWENTY TWO. I had a bulging disk that was pinching a nerve. After a year of therapy, cortisone injections, epidural scares (I never did it, but it was recommended and I was petrified), chiropractor visits, and eletro-therapy, my neurologist recommended surgery. It was a good move for me, because the nerve was never going to be relieved. But wow, it certainly was scary and I NEVER thought I would be doing Piyo Flips! Remember, there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle!



And here it is, this pretty much sums up my fitness journey and goals. I have a desire to be STRONG. Not Skinny, STRONG. I think it stems from wanting to be able to protect my children if they are ever in danger. True Mama Bear! I feel empowered when I'm lifting weights, it's my favorite type of workout.

Leave A Comment.

Post a Comment